Skip to main content

Effective memory; The self-growth-journal pt 2

Back again with part two :) In this part you are going to know how to start your own journal. A journal were you’ll feel at home. One which fits exactly in your lifestyle. With all the prompts and sections you want. I have set down a concept which you can take inspiration from but I also learn you to make it yours. Because it will be your own life book. The extern brain of yours.



To start your journal,
You of course need a notebook. I prefer one, with blank pages. And a portable size. But you’ll have to figure out what works for you. After that you’ll need to find inspiration to see what you want your self-growth-journal to look like. Try youtube or Pinterest. Or look at my concept down below. Find concepts and sections you want to include in your journal such as a gratitude section, or a favorite list of things.

Once you figured out which style, concepts and sections you want to include you can start by making a index. First you have to decided how many pages each section needs. And figure out what you are going to write/draw down in that section. (I have made mine after my motivation pages ( page 1-2 ) and after my goals ( page 3-6 ), which I will explain later on) After that ,making an index is easy, write down the sections and number them by pages or just 1 till how many you have. You can be as creative as you want -> it is your journal.
After made you’re index you can start with making a begin page of each section. By writing the name of the section and/or a drawing.
Now you can set your goals( If you want to of course). This section I really recommend. Let 4-6 pages in your journal for goals. The first two pages for the big goals and the last 2-4 pages for mini-steps of those goals. For example:


Having those mini-steps will give you more motivation while on your way to the bigger goal.
About motivation; I write down motivation on the first two pages so I’ll be reminded why I am doing this and about life. Such as -> “Never, never, never give up”
So there you have your own concept. And you’ll be free to change it in time and learn about yourself and your mistakes.

MY CONCEPT
I have 6 sections;


1, Gratitude, here I write down things were I am grateful for. Such as my coffee in the morning and my friends. Also I answer questions, daily, so I can reflex back.

2, Book notes, after I read a book I will write down the lessons I learned from this book. And if it is a informatics books I will take notes after a chapter.

3, Braindome, in this section I write about situations that along my life. And how I reacted and what I will do different the next time it happens.

4, Mind extension, (oops, I wrote extansion :0) I this section I will write down notes after a video or something were I learned from. Here can I look back to and remember a lot of information.

5, Quotes, my favorite quotes I will write down in this section.

6) My freedom, I will write down things that aren’t related to the other sections.

Hope you liked my concept and got some inspiration from it :)

Finally, try to sit down once a day and write and keep your journal up-to-date. And enjoy keeping your journal, because if you don’t like it, you should try something different. Maybe a digital journal or through apps. This will improve yourself and your future.

Do something today that your future self will thank you for.

Ingmar Heikens
11/3/2018



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recontextualization; a change in framing

One day, about two or three years ago, my little brother stole my bar of chocolate. I was mad and lost my respect towards him. Later on that day I asked ‘Why did you steal my bar of chocolate?”. He said “Because it is mine”. I said “No it isn’t”. “Yes it is” he kept saying. Then my mom came in the room and asked why I didn’t eat my chocolate bar. My perspective changed; I could n’t find my bar and I said that he stole it , which he didn’t. My facts didn’t changed but the way I looked at it did. This is called recontextualization. The importance of Recontextualization When we get the inside in this phenomena we learn how we can change or perspectives. It also opens up the possibility of radically changing your understanding of a situation or facts without changing the facts. In my opinion, reality can hide the things that are in our reach. It helps us to put the right things in the proper context. Another example, ‘a man is jumping’. Think for a second a

The game of money

I, myself, had never a good view about money. Money just was there to get me something. My parents always bought things for me. Last week started thinking about it what it is and why people have so many problems with it. Because I thought is was just simple, but is it? The problem with money These days people are getting more and more materialism (including myself). Materialism means that people buy this because of emotional triggers such as breaking up, thinking they will be more fulfilled. And to solve this problem you certainly don’t have to buy things. You have to look at yourself. Look at your inner game. Look at what kind of beliefs you have about money. And perhaps write them down. Think by yourself about your own long term view. Because thats what counts. Not your fulfillment at that time. I know it is hard, I have been there myself. But you can do this, you can start right now. And if you aren’t buying because of emotional triggers, good job! The definition of money

Effective memory; The self-growth-journal pt 1

I always had a journal, but I admit never organized it. After watching youtube videos and doing research. I had the motivation to start one myself. One, where I could put all my knowledge into, and where I could write all the things I want to. This is part-one in part-two I will talk about how you can create a brilliant journal where you will feel at home. I think I have found my way in journalling, hopefully you will do after this serie. So, Today I will share you why you will benefits from creating your own self-growth journal. Why you should consider starting a journal, 1, You will increase your own memory up till 90% . Studies shows us that by writing and thinking it down you will grow your memory and remember more. So you will still know what that book is about you read last year. And remember when your friends birthday is ;) 2, You will discover yourself more and more . By writing down thoughts and emotions. You will see how you behave and will learn from your own experienc