Skip to main content

The foundation of life


For me life isn’t clear at all. I’d love that it is clear. But in order to get a clear beautiful life. You first need to see on what you are building on, the foundation of life. In other words to get clarity you don’t need to see where you are going, although most people think that. For example, while I thought I was heading towards succes. I noticed I needed a routine were I could build on. You see, heading towards a goal without a foundation has no use. So, that’s why today I am going to talk about habits.

Habits; the foundation

Habits create a foundation where you can build your passion, dreams and goals on. Having structured routines will give you certainty and will give you more meaning. Because we are our rituals as Tony Robbins once said. For instance, after doing meditation for quite some time I noticed I became calmer, peacefuller and less stressed out. You can do this too. Habits are the only certainty we have in this life, really. Because life is just too complicated. Moreover, with the foundation you can become everything you have ever dreamed of. Yes, of course it requires effort and time. But if you have the dream of becoming your ideal self, you can do this. One simple rule is all what it takes; do not quit. Also, choose your habits with your wisdom. Because they create your future.


Routine I’d recommend to everyone:
1) Meditation
2) Reading
3) Asking yourself: ‘What have I learned today?’ or ‘ What good shall I do today’ (what Benjamin Franklin asked himself each day)
4) Writing in a journal

Breaking the bad habits

To build a clean foundation of your life you will have to quit your bad habits. Quitting bad habits such as social media or watching a lot of television is hard. But you are able to do it. And the first step to quit is changing your environment. For example, if I don’t want to eat a certain food any more. I will have to trow that certain food out of my house. So, I don’t have the habit clue anymore that will lead me to eat that certain food. And that will let me quit eating that certain food. In that order you can quit your own bad habits. If you want to quit social media, deleted it. If you want to quit television, throw your television out of your room. Make yourself a healthy environment where you can build your dreams. So, you can follow your dreams. Because you can become everything you want. You will have to keep learning and working. You will have to study till you sleep. Work until the sun rises. But if you do this, you can accomplish anything. And right now there are certain people who do this. They get up and work their selfs up to their dreams. They fight until they make it. If you want to manifest anything in life, you will have to push yourself to the boundaries and after that push yourself ever further. “If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” - Martin Luther King Jr. You will create your dreams in your own reality. 

Motivation is whats get you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

All in all, I believe can create stunning habits. So, you can follow your vision. And you will get to break all bad habits, you of course it takes time and effort. But you can do this. Let me know down below what habits you have developed.

Ingmar Heikens
21/4/2018







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Effective memory; The self-growth-journal pt 1

I always had a journal, but I admit never organized it. After watching youtube videos and doing research. I had the motivation to start one myself. One, where I could put all my knowledge into, and where I could write all the things I want to. This is part-one in part-two I will talk about how you can create a brilliant journal where you will feel at home. I think I have found my way in journalling, hopefully you will do after this serie. So, Today I will share you why you will benefits from creating your own self-growth journal. Why you should consider starting a journal, 1, You will increase your own memory up till 90% . Studies shows us that by writing and thinking it down you will grow your memory and remember more. So you will still know what that book is about you read last year. And remember when your friends birthday is ;) 2, You will discover yourself more and more . By writing down thoughts and emotions. You will see how you behave and will learn from your own experienc

Recontextualization; a change in framing

One day, about two or three years ago, my little brother stole my bar of chocolate. I was mad and lost my respect towards him. Later on that day I asked ‘Why did you steal my bar of chocolate?”. He said “Because it is mine”. I said “No it isn’t”. “Yes it is” he kept saying. Then my mom came in the room and asked why I didn’t eat my chocolate bar. My perspective changed; I could n’t find my bar and I said that he stole it , which he didn’t. My facts didn’t changed but the way I looked at it did. This is called recontextualization. The importance of Recontextualization When we get the inside in this phenomena we learn how we can change or perspectives. It also opens up the possibility of radically changing your understanding of a situation or facts without changing the facts. In my opinion, reality can hide the things that are in our reach. It helps us to put the right things in the proper context. Another example, ‘a man is jumping’. Think for a second a

How observation improves yourself

Last week I talked with a good friend of mine about observation. How we could learn from others, just by observing them. I was really interested in this subject. And did some research and there is a lot about observation out there, on the internet. Mainly, I like the idea of observing because you learn a lot about others. Because body language is universal and the same applies to facial expressions. Besides, the body language, there is also a lot to learn about leaders. How they become successful and how we can learn from them by observation. Therefore, today we are going to discuss observation. What is observation Firstly, let’s talk about the basics; What is observation and what not. Observation is accurate description of what is accuring. Based on objective observation. Such as, a baby smiles, a mother which turns to the baby touches her cheek. Notice these things accuring but don’t judge it. So don’t base your observation on subjective detection. For example, a baby wants att