Skip to main content

How traveling changes your life


I think we all know traveling equals a lot of fun. Although traveling also is quite useful, and can change your life. Because seeing new cultures and countries let’s you see new perspectives of life. Also if you are backpacking you will have to let go of the your comfort zone. As a result you will let new things into your life and will new things sooner and sooner. And today I wanted to share you how traveling will change your world in different ways. So, let’s get started :)



1.  You have to change attitude against things you hate
When traveling to, for example, Vietnam you will have to eat what locals are eating. And change your way at looking food from Vietnam. Or for instance, I will have to learn to make choices. Because when you are traveling I am certainly going to be forced to make them. So, it will change my attitude against it.

2. When traveling solo, you will find your own independence
Because you are alone. You will have to do everything on your own. Find a place to stay, food and new people. In the end, this will certainly result in more independence than you have ever experienced.

3. You gain in confidence
As I said before, you will have to open up to other people. You will have to begin conversations. Or learn to communicated with a foreigner with their language ( with google translate maybe ;) ). Therefore, you will gain in confidence and be more open to other people.

4. You learn to live in the moment
Learning to live in the moment is really difficult but because when you travel everything is new to you. You will have to learn to live in the moment. Because otherwise you won’t experience everything. If you want to learn more about living in the moment,  I have made a blog about it.
 
5. You value experience over things
After a time of traveling, you will care less about things. And that is good because after all life is about experiences and not about the things. Elderly mainly have regrets about experiences not things. So, get out and experience new things during travel.

6. You learn to go with the flow
When traveling a lot will be unexpected. Such as, missing a bus or buying the wrong ticket. But because you will come across those things. You will learn to deal with them.

7. You learn to be happy with less
In other countries, people have less than us. And when traveling you will see that they are happy with it and maybe even happier than us. As a result you will enjoy less :)

One last tip: There is no perfect time to travel, there will always be a problem. So, just decide and then go.

All in all, traveling will let you see a brand new life. Because if you haven’t traveled a lot. You won’t seek to go out of your comfort zone. But once you do. You will be amazed of the life beyond that.

"My only regret is not traveling before I was 24. Since then I've seen an enormous piece of this earth, but 24 was the most formative year of my life specifically because I travelled, and specifically it set the tone for the rest of my life as a traveller. Had I shifted that up I'd be 5 years ahead of where I am now in matters like confidence, experience, and wisdom, really." —Jesse James Richard

Ingmar Heikens
2/5/2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Effective memory; The self-growth-journal pt 1

I always had a journal, but I admit never organized it. After watching youtube videos and doing research. I had the motivation to start one myself. One, where I could put all my knowledge into, and where I could write all the things I want to. This is part-one in part-two I will talk about how you can create a brilliant journal where you will feel at home. I think I have found my way in journalling, hopefully you will do after this serie. So, Today I will share you why you will benefits from creating your own self-growth journal. Why you should consider starting a journal, 1, You will increase your own memory up till 90% . Studies shows us that by writing and thinking it down you will grow your memory and remember more. So you will still know what that book is about you read last year. And remember when your friends birthday is ;) 2, You will discover yourself more and more . By writing down thoughts and emotions. You will see how you behave and will learn from your own experienc

Recontextualization; a change in framing

One day, about two or three years ago, my little brother stole my bar of chocolate. I was mad and lost my respect towards him. Later on that day I asked ‘Why did you steal my bar of chocolate?”. He said “Because it is mine”. I said “No it isn’t”. “Yes it is” he kept saying. Then my mom came in the room and asked why I didn’t eat my chocolate bar. My perspective changed; I could n’t find my bar and I said that he stole it , which he didn’t. My facts didn’t changed but the way I looked at it did. This is called recontextualization. The importance of Recontextualization When we get the inside in this phenomena we learn how we can change or perspectives. It also opens up the possibility of radically changing your understanding of a situation or facts without changing the facts. In my opinion, reality can hide the things that are in our reach. It helps us to put the right things in the proper context. Another example, ‘a man is jumping’. Think for a second a

How observation improves yourself

Last week I talked with a good friend of mine about observation. How we could learn from others, just by observing them. I was really interested in this subject. And did some research and there is a lot about observation out there, on the internet. Mainly, I like the idea of observing because you learn a lot about others. Because body language is universal and the same applies to facial expressions. Besides, the body language, there is also a lot to learn about leaders. How they become successful and how we can learn from them by observation. Therefore, today we are going to discuss observation. What is observation Firstly, let’s talk about the basics; What is observation and what not. Observation is accurate description of what is accuring. Based on objective observation. Such as, a baby smiles, a mother which turns to the baby touches her cheek. Notice these things accuring but don’t judge it. So don’t base your observation on subjective detection. For example, a baby wants att