Skip to main content

The Minimalism Lifestyle


“Less is better.”
Recently I got kind of into minimalism. I discovered lots of benefits. I got inspired to start getting into minimalism. I have wanted to start for quite some time now. But the struggle for me was that it against the standards of modern society. I didn’t want to be different. That’s going to change now. Because you shouldn’t care about modern day society, it is the most awful society that ever lived. Today I am going to share the ideas of minimalism, and why you and I should be doing this.

The power of Minimalism

Minimalism:  a style or technique (as in music, literature, or design) that is characterized by extreme spareness and simplicity. It is the power to simplify living.

With a minimalism lifestyle I mean doing less and having less possessions. We all know that possessions are not going to make us happy. And if we keep remembering that every day, we will enjoy more of things we have. Despite this, living the minimalism lifestyle is going to make you do less and be more aware of every part of life. You will have to cut watching television and Netflix. You will have to cut playing angry birds ( a game were I am the best in ;) ). But just imagine what you will get in return for it. A healthy lifestyle. A better you. A relaxed you. Go ahead, close your eyes and think about how you life would look like when you will do 50% less. And if you feel anxiety coming up, you are really trapped in this society. But you can change that by caring less about others and more about you. If you feel happier while thinking about minimalism, keep that feeling because as it turns out you will become happier. As this study shows. Buying things aren’t going to make you feel fulfilled but all commercials are playing into it. Society keeps us thinking we have to get more and more. Although less is really better. Because things aren't going to make you happy, people will. My advice is to read more about think about it. About how you can apply it to your life. And apply it then at your life. You will be amazed about the wonders it will give you.

The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.  - Socrates -

How to start minimalism

So if you want to start minimalism. Which I do recommend. Why not start now. I am going to help you with that so here are three steps to get started.  

Step one: Brainstorm. Everybody wants to apply minimalism in their own way. And you have got to find your way. Make a mind map about minimalism. And that your style of it is. Do you want to keep valuable items that’s okay. If it is valuable to you keep it. If it is not valuable, then don’t keep the thing.  

Step two: Show interest. Read about minimalism. For example, watch ‘Minimalism: A documentary about the important things.’. If you get to know the subject , you will learn more and more ways to apply it to your life.

Step three: Start applying. Be aware of what you are buying. But also about start doing less and be more aware. Because our addiction to succes is so unnecessary. Because doing less makes your life more useful. You will start enjoying life more and more :)





Hopefully I inspired you to get to know more of minimalism. And maybe apply it to your life. Let me know what you think of minimalism down below! And have a great day :)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Effective memory; The self-growth-journal pt 1

I always had a journal, but I admit never organized it. After watching youtube videos and doing research. I had the motivation to start one myself. One, where I could put all my knowledge into, and where I could write all the things I want to. This is part-one in part-two I will talk about how you can create a brilliant journal where you will feel at home. I think I have found my way in journalling, hopefully you will do after this serie. So, Today I will share you why you will benefits from creating your own self-growth journal. Why you should consider starting a journal, 1, You will increase your own memory up till 90% . Studies shows us that by writing and thinking it down you will grow your memory and remember more. So you will still know what that book is about you read last year. And remember when your friends birthday is ;) 2, You will discover yourself more and more . By writing down thoughts and emotions. You will see how you behave and will learn from your own experienc

Recontextualization; a change in framing

One day, about two or three years ago, my little brother stole my bar of chocolate. I was mad and lost my respect towards him. Later on that day I asked ‘Why did you steal my bar of chocolate?”. He said “Because it is mine”. I said “No it isn’t”. “Yes it is” he kept saying. Then my mom came in the room and asked why I didn’t eat my chocolate bar. My perspective changed; I could n’t find my bar and I said that he stole it , which he didn’t. My facts didn’t changed but the way I looked at it did. This is called recontextualization. The importance of Recontextualization When we get the inside in this phenomena we learn how we can change or perspectives. It also opens up the possibility of radically changing your understanding of a situation or facts without changing the facts. In my opinion, reality can hide the things that are in our reach. It helps us to put the right things in the proper context. Another example, ‘a man is jumping’. Think for a second a

5 Key Points to Accompish your Goals

Before I started self actualizing. I always had big dreams and goals. Never wrote them down, but I had them in my mind. I thought with that attitude I was going to make it happen. Although, now I realize it is the other way around. People, in general, want to realize their goals, including me. But, they fail at the very beginning, with the goal setting process. And I think that shouldn’t happen. So, today I am going to help you to improve your goal setting. To make your goals, come true. The basics To start, we are going to discuss the basics. To make goals more clear you firstly will have to write them down. Make those goals big. And with big I mean really big. So, you only are 60% sure of it. Even if, you want to become the president of America ;) Because I know you can accomplish anything. Not a couple, but a lot. For example, a thirty (Honestly, I myself can only come up with twenty). Later on, you will see that some goals are not that well fitted for your lifestyle. So, you